Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
About the Department
Alfred Health provides comprehensive specialist physical and mental healthcare to residents of Melbourne’s inner south, in addition to a range of state-wide services. Alfred Health is a leader in delivery of high-quality healthcare, research and training.
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health (AMAH) has a reputation for excellence and innovation in service delivery.
About the Role
Applications are invited for a Specialist in Psychiatry (Fractional- Fulltime) at Alfred Health. The current vacancy is for 24 hours per week based in the Inpatient Mental Health Unit (IPU) with additional sessions to be negotiated with the successful candidate if full time is preferred. There are several opportunities within the wider Alfred Mental and Addiction Health program as a result of organisational expansion that could be combined with the IPU role.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Our preferred candidate must possess the following experience and attributes:
- Be legally qualified practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Fellow of the RANZCP
- Demonstrable relevant knowledge and experience in Psychiatry
- Meeting Alfred Health requirements for credentialing and scope of practice in Psychiatry
- Outstanding communication skills, including well-developed conflict resolution skills
- An understanding of, and commitment to; trauma informed and recovery focussed care
- An ability to work well with an extended multidisciplinary team with an integrated lived experience workforce
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem solving and the capability to develop and sustain highly collaborative relationships with others/ other teams.
Enquiries: Dr Karen Phillips, Head of Inpatient Psychiatry Unit via email to [email protected]
Applications close: Tuesday 20th February 2024.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.