- Job no: 64446
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Administration Officer in the Caulfield Hospital Acquired Brain Injury team
- Permanent, Full time position with ADO
- Great team environment
- Location: Caulfield Hospital
- Administrative experience essential, healthcare preferred
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides specialist state-wide rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of an inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
The administrative officer role is a multi-skilled support position providing professional administrative, reception, telephone and secretarial functions within the ABI Community team, the Transitional Living Service and the inpatient ABI Unit. The position will liaise closely with a diverse range of clients, carers, community members, health professionals and external agencies. Duties may include, and not be limited to, provision of information to consumers, data collection and entry, medical record management, fee collection, financial reconciliation, filing, requisition/ordering, internal and external account processes
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Understanding of, and alignment with, the Alfred Health core attributes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed administrative, reception and telephone skills
- Excellent time management and work prioritisation skills.
- Effective computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications, Microsoft TEAMS and excel
- Experience working within a healthcare setting, medical records and an electronic appointment system desirable
Alfred Health’s ABI Service provides you with access to regular clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a friendly and supportive team.Other organisational benefits include:
- Salary packaging and novated leasing are available via Maxxia
- Access to staff health and wellbeing incentives
Enquiries to: Cristie Windfeld-Lund, Manager, Community ABI Service and Transitional Living Service, 9076 7501
Closing Date: 11pm Thursday, 01 June 2023
Applications are to be submitted electronically.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.