- Job no: 64266
- Category: Technical and Support, Engineering
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed-Term contract
- Full Time – 76 hours per fortnight
- Classification – HS3
- The Alfred
DEPARTMENT: Engineering Department
The Engineering Department is responsible for the maintenance of buildings, infrastructure and plant, facilities compliance and minor capital works.
POSITION: Engineering Controller
The Engineering Controller is responsible for monitoring and operating buildings, technology and plant. The position is a practical balance of hands on qualified trade activities including the organising, supervising and assisting of other trades and programmed maintenance personnel and contractors as and when required. The position will operate primarily at The Alfred Hospital but includes the first response coordination of after-hours support and urgent service response for all of Alfred Health’s primary sites which also includes Caufield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Trade qualifications in a building service related discipline.
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of complex buildings, preferably in a hospital environment
- Thorough understanding of essential service regulations
- Current drivers’ licence
- Safety conscious in terms of both OH&S and hospital infection control requirements.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, identify risks, problem solve and deliver solutions
- Flexible, collaborative and accommodating with immediate work group (Engineering Controllers)
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Please address your cover letter to Mark Curtis, Director Engineering Services. Please attach your Cover letter and CV to your application.
Contact for enquiries - Ahmed Mostafa 0472 861 086
Closing date 31st May 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.