- Job no: 63690
- Category: Technical and Support, Security
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-Time - Hours flexible
- Security Officer Grade 2 (GF23) Classification
- Location: Sandringham Hospital
- Great staff benefits
Support Services provides the core Support Services of Non-ward Cleaning, Gardens and Grounds, Distribution, Security, Ward Support, Food Services, Fleet Management and Car Parking. The position of Security Officer is a key operational role within the Support Services team.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the Security team at Sandringham Hospital.
Applicants should have the ability to be flexible for hours, night and afternoon shifts, weekend work.
With focus on electronic security log, Incident reporting, Management of ID badge and access control functions and monitoring of CCTV
It is preferential that candidates hold a minimum current Certificate 11 in security operations, have good communication skills, enthusiasm, and a strong sense of responsibility. Experience with security operations within the Health Care industry would be well regarded.
This role requires good time management and organisational skills, as the main function is the provision to provide a safe environment for Patients/Residents, Staff and Visitors.
- Preferred Minimum Certificate II in Security Operations
- Hold a current Victorian Security License
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
- Possess a current level two (or higher) First Aid Certificate
- Experience in site emergency evacuation procedures
- Salary packaging and novated leasing are available
- Health and well-being benefits including discounted Private Health Insurance
- Discounted staff parking (subject to availability)
For more detail on the role please download the attached position description
Please direct further queries to Steve Vanderpas on 9076 8222
Applications close Wednesday, 31 May 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.