- Job no: 63498
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Full Time - 76 Hours
- Classification: HS3
- Located at The Alfred
The Surgical Services Program delivers the majority of surgical services across all Alfred Health sites. The program includes 5 General surgical units – Breast, Endocrine and General Surgery (BES), Colorectal and General Surgery (CRS), Oesophagogastric, Bariatric and General Surgery (OGB), Hepatopancreatic biliary and General Surgery (HPB), and Sandringham General Surgery - specialty surgical units, anaesthesia and perioperative medicine, operating suite service, surgical inpatient wards, a medical day unit, day of surgery admissions, day surgery and endoscopy service. The program also oversees the elective surgery waiting list
This position has 3 key components:
- To manage the General Surgery Database currently in MS Access, and assist in its transition into Cerner.
- To manage the Monash University Endocrine Surgery Unit databases in Redcap / File maker pro.
- To provide data management to the HPB unit.
The position involves working as part of a motivated team within Alfred Health, where the responsibilities include data collection, data entry, data management, research and the associated statistical analysis of information and quality assurance, including audit, related to data management.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Cerner, Redcap, and Filemaker-Pro is essential.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Applied Science (or equivalent tertiary qualification), preferably in a medically related field.
- Previous experience in clinical database management (including but not limited to data collection, entry, recording, reporting, analysing) and maintenance and its use in clinical audit and clinical trials would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Excel spreadsheets is required.
- An understanding of clinical terminology would be an advantage.
- An understanding of statistics would be an advantage.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Parking
- On-Site Gym
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
All enquires to General Surgery PA on 03 9076 3290
Application Close 11pm Wednesday, 29th March 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.