Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST Grade 3
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
What's in it for you
- Great team culture
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Work-life balance
Alfred CYMHS (Child and Youth Mental Health Service) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
This position is located on the Inner South Sector team which is a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively within the service and with families and the community to deliver client centred care for young people from 5-25 years.
What you’ll be doing
As one of our senior clinicians, you will be a part an integral part of our Psychology Discipline and work within the Inner South Sector team in a clinical role that is divided equally between general CYMHS clinical casework/therapy and the intake/consultation roles. You will provide clinical assessment and intervention, case-management and single session/brief therapy with children and young people with emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties and their families.
In the intake aspect of the role you are often the first point of contact for CYMHS and hold primary responsibility for managing referrals to CYMHS. This includes screening all referrals according to triage scales and performing risk assessment to ensure prioritisation of response.
What you’ve got
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA
- Developmental Psychiatry Course or equivalent (desirable)
- Training and experience in providing child and adolescent mental health services (desirable)
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
What’s in it for you
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Rachel Marsden on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 1 August 2021 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.