Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term – until January 2022
- Part-time – 38 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – Administrative Officer HS1
- Anatomical Pathology Unit, Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Anatomical Pathology is part of the Alfred Pathology Service located at The Alfred. The Unit provides laboratory and diagnostic services in Histopathology, Cytopathology and Neuromuscular pathology.
This position provides administrative, clerical and low-level technical support to the department. The position is part time, with some flexibility in hours; however, an agreed roster must include Monday and Tuesday of each working week.
The successful applicant will be responsible for organising patient case material for Multi-Disciplinary Meetings, including receipt and return of pathology slides and reports. The role supports the departmental secretary, handling telephone enquiries, document scanning and filing, report distribution, billing and general clerical and administrative tasks. Technical duties include specimen reception and registration, specimen distribution and test send out tasks.
We are looking for a person who possesses high attention to detail, with good communication, organisational and keyboard skills, capable of being flexible and adaptable. Previous experience in a pathology laboratory or hospital environment is preferred due to the nature of the material encountered.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High-level ability in written and spoken English. A good telephone manner with an understanding of medical terminology
- Computer proficiency, keyboard skills and data entry capabilities
- High attention to detail with a determination to see tasks through to completion
- Previous employment in a laboratory or hospital environment preferred.
You will be part of a supportive team contributing to patient care.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
A cover letter and CV are essential. Applications close (11pm May 16, 2021)
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Mark Donovan, Principal Scientist Anatomical Pathology on 9076 2767 or via email at email@example.com
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.