Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term until June 2022
- Part time role based in Elsternwick
- Community Awareness Worker Class 2A
- Make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families
Established in 2006, headspace offers a ‘one stop shop’ for young people aged 12 -25 and their families who may be experiencing mental health difficulties. It provides an opportunity for young people to receive help early and promotes a 'no wrong door' approach to supporting young people and their families through the provision of GPs, counsellors, Alcohol & other Drug workers and Vocational and Educational support.
What you’ll be doing
As our Community Awareness Worker, you will work with the headspace Centre Manager to review, coordinate and implement the headspace Elsternwick Community Awareness and Engagement Strategy.
You will bring with you experience in working with young people, as well as experience in community engagement, health promotion, public health behavioural/social sciences, communications, marketing, education or youth work.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for a membership of the appropriate professional body if required
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and fun team
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Jane Laidlaw, Centre Manager on ph: 9076 7500
Applications close Wednesday 21 October 2020 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.