Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
The Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Research Centre (ANZIC-RC) is a major clinical research methods centre in Australia and New Zealand based in the Monash School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine at the Alfred Hospital campus. The research centre supports the design and conduct of clinical research trials in a variety of topic areas including, sepsis, traumatic brain injury, mechanical ventilation, sedation, and early mobility in intensive care, nutrition in the critically ill, patient blood management and a developing research program in the use of extra corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
The role encompasses the coordination of the Pre-hospital Anti-fibrinolytics for Traumatic Coagulopathy and Haemorrhage (The PATCH Study). The PATCH study is a multi-centre randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of pre-hospital treatment with tranexamic acid for severely injured patients at risk of acute traumatic coagulopathy.
The PATCH Study Manager will be part of the dynamic and vital clinical trial team at the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Research Centre, Monash University. The PATCH Study Project Manager is also part of the PATCH study management team.
The Project Manager utilises knowledge and developed management skills to oversee and deliver high-quality research services. The Project Manager is responsible for co-ordinating a range of significant and complex research activities that play a critical role in supporting and achieving the trial’s outcomes. These activities include liaising with participating investigators and staff at prehospital services and major trauma centres across Australia and NZ, providing advice and training, operational planning, monitoring data and writing complex procedures and guidelines. The Project Manager will be a critical conduit between the management committee and site investigators.
The appointee will have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications or progressing towards postgraduate qualifications or extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination
- Excellent operational management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines in a complex environment
- Highly-developed planning and organisational skills, with experience establishing priorities and allocating resources
- Highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and build consensus with international stakeholders
- Familiarity with the NHMRC Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research and the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human
Become part of an exciting highly motivated, friendly and supportive team. We also offer
- Salary Packaging
- Onsite Gym
Ad closes Feb 2nd 2020 (11.59PM)
Please include both a Cover letter and CV
All enquiries to Tony Trapani (03-99030347)
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.