- Job no: 66749
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Health Information Services
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Appointment
- Part time (32 hours per fortnight)
- Health Information Manager Grade 2
- Located at Alfred Health
Alfred Health is entering an exciting era with the implementation of 3M 360 Encompass System to integrate and automate clinical documentation integrity (CDI), medical records clinical coding and performance monitoring across all Alfred Health facilities. This advanced technology will enable Alfred Health to improve, query and monitor documentation for optimal coded data, increasing coding productivity, appropriate DRG capture and reimbursement, and actionable data to support the improvement of patient outcomes.
This position provides an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Health Information Manager to join the Health Information Services team, across Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals and form part of the wider Coding Services across Alfred Health.
- Based at either Caulfield or Sandringham Hosptials
- Contributing primarily towards Sandringham Hospital coding, and Caulfield/Alfred Hospital coding when necessary
- Flexible work arrangements (including working from home)
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or equivalent
- Current knowledge in ICD-10-AM, ACS, VAED reporting, National Funding Model
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Highly developed organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work without supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Eligible for full membership of the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Experience in clinical coding, auditing and quality activities
- Knowledge of activity based funding
- Previous experience with health information systems and processes, and reporting
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
- Staff Parking
All enquiries to Stephanie Hobson, Manager HIS Caulfield & Sandringham on [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Tuesday 5th December 20236
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 16 Nov 2023, 1:00 PM