- Job no: 66158
- Category: Technical and Support, Information & Communication Technology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Full Time - 80 Hours + ADO
- Classification: Managers and Administrative Worker Grade 5 (HS5)
- Salary Range: $130k - $150K
- Located at The Alfred
Digital Health is responsible for enabling clinical staff to deliver timely, quality care to our patients and carers through innovative use of information technologies, and through strategic management of information and data across the organisation.
The division encompasses all aspects of:
- Information technology procurement, delivery, security and support.
- Electronic Medical Record design, development and support, including the electronic Timely Quality Care Program
- General applications support
- Data Governance and security
IT Operations is responsible for the effective delivery of Digital Health’s live service operations in alignment with the expectations of and service levels agreed with Alfred Health.
The Service Continuity and Resiliency Manager is responsible for ensuring appropriate service continuity and Disaster Recovery (DR) capability for digital systems across Alfred Health and ensures that all critical services have current disaster recovery plans, that service capabilities align to business requirements and that they are tested regularly.
They will be responsible for overseeing IT Service Continuity operations and ensuring tasks are governed and executed according to established standards. The role will also drive continuous improvement and adoption of ITIL practices across IT Operations. As such, it requires the establishment and maintenance of excellent working relationships with team members, vendors and relevant business stake holders to deliver Alfred Health technology requirements.
Qualification & Experience Required
Education & Certification:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or similar discipline.
- ITIL certification
- Relevant professional certifications desirable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in an IT Service Continuity Management function together with IT Service Continuity, Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning and assessment experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing on multi-year program of work to uplift service continuity, resiliency and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of principles and best practices related to disaster resilience.
- Proficiency in developing and executing plans, policies, and protocols for disaster preparedness.
- Exceptional communication and leadership capabilities, along with the aptitude to efficiently organise and oversee response endeavours.
- At least ten years’ experience in an IT operational role focusing on IT service continuity management, disaster recovery, and IT operational management.
- Knowledge of back-up and recovery technologies, including on premise and cloud based technologies.
- Knowledge of IT systems and application monitoring technologies and reporting.
- Experience working in complex operational ICT environments
- Strong leadership capabilities and stakeholder engagement skills
- Previous experience defining and improving IT operational processes
- Working experience with enterprise system management and monitoring tools
- Understanding of security principles and practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and organised, with strong planning skills and attention to detail
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- On-Site Gym
- Close Proximity to Publuc Transport
All enquires to Adam Barry on [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Tuesday 26th September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.