- Job no: 63626
- Category: Senior Medical, Visiting Medical Officer
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
About the Department
The new Acute General Surgical Unit (AGSU) provides services across both Alfred and Sandringham campuses, incorporating acute General Surgery at The Alfred Hospital and encompasses all the general surgical work performed at Sandringham Hospital. Those patients who have complex conditions and who require a high level of care will be preferentially directed to the Alfred campus whilst the Sandringham site is targeted for high volume, short stay general surgery elective and emergency cases. All emergency general surgical patients will be admitted to the Alfred and Sandringham hospital under the Acute General Surgical Unit.
About the Role
Applications are invited for Specialists in General Surgery to work in the AGSU at Alfred Health. There are multiple fractional positions available, with varying weekly hours to start from 8th May 2023.
Successful candidates will be required to work at both The Alfred Hospital and Sandringham Hospital.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Our preferred candidates must possess the following experience and attributes:
- Appointees must be legally qualified medical practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) without conditions, undertakings or reprimands that could impact on their clinical practice.
- Fellow of the relevant college (s).
- Demonstrable relevant knowledge and experience in General Surgery.
- Meeting Alfred Health requirements for credentialing and scope of practice in General Surgery.
- Outstanding communication skills, including well-developed conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to liaise well with other staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem solving and the capability to develop and sustain highly collaborative relationships with others/ other teams.
Enquiries: Dr Jun Ban, Director of AGSU via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Prof Jonathan Serpell, Director of General Surgery via email: email@example.com
Applications close: Monday, 27 March 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.