- Job no: 63573
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Full Time (76 hours per fortnight) including Rostered Paid Day Off
Alfred Health Locations
The Spiritual Care Department is part of the multi-disciplinary team of the hospital and provides spiritual, religious and emotional support, listening, companionship, prayer and sacramental ministry to patients, relatives and staff. The Department also provides a reflection, worship and prayer space for people of all faiths and beliefs, offering and sometimes facilitating appropriate religious services and ritual. The Spiritual Care team at Alfred Health is made up of a combination of Alfred Health paid staff, faith organisation paid (honorary) staff, visiting chaplains, and volunteers.
The Manager of Spiritual Care is responsible for key operational aspects of the Spiritual Care Department and ensuring the overall quality of departmental clinical service delivery and that the Spiritual Care workforce is fit for purpose. This includes ensuring that patients have access to appropriate spiritual care according to their own faith traditions. The Manager of Spiritual Care is accountable for the profession-specific standards of practice for the Spiritual Care profession across Alfred Health and includes the effective leadership and management of Spiritual Care, and the associated workforce and volunteers. The Manager will be expected to practice clinically in accordance with the professional standards of Spiritual Care Australia and provide leadership and oversight of credentialing and scope of practice for all Alfred Health Spiritual Care services.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- At least 7 years experience in a professional pastoral/spiritual care role (preferably in a hospital setting), with regular professional supervision
- Tertiary qualification, preferably at postgraduate level, or qualifications including studies in theology, social science or other relevant human services area
- Advanced Certified Member of Spiritual Care Australia preferred – eligibility essential
- Capacity to work at Level 4 of the Capability Framework for Spiritual Care Practitioners in Health Service
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and with families, exhibiting initiative and facilitative qualities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; professional appearance and manner
Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
Discounted Health Insurance
Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
Close to public transport and shops
Please send specific enquiries to Caitlyn Green, Deputy Director Allied Health - Acute Programs on 0409 784 765
Applications close Monday, 20th March 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.