- Job no: 63468
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Gr 4, or Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Speech Pathologist/Psychologist Gr 3
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Alfred Infant, Child & Youth Area Mental Health & Wellbeing Service (ICYAMHWS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
The ICYAMHWS Sector Team provides care to children, adolescents and their families within the inner southern region between the ages of 4-24 years. The sector teams manage and co-ordinate the referral and intake into the service as well as offering assessment, treatment and case management. Further services within this sector include single session family consultations, eating disorders program and mentalisation-based therapy.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will provide clinical assessment and intervention, case-management and single session/brief therapy with children and young people experiencing emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties and their families. Embedded into the role are responsibilities for the provision of discipline specific consultation and assessment to clients and clinical services internal and external to ICYAMHWS.
As a senior clinician, you will participate in leadership activities within the service, as well as supervise staff and students.
What you’ve got
- Approved tertiary qualifications and registration with AHPRA
- Development Psychiatry Course Certificate or equivalent (desirable)
- Australian working rights
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Steph Haikal on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 2 April 2023 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Published on 15 Mar 2023, 10:04 PM