- Job no: 63216
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Grade 4 Hand Therapist/Project Coordinator
A very exciting opportunity presents for a suitably qualified Hand Therapist to join our large and supportive team at Alfred Health. We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled and team-focussed Hand Therapist to join our Plastics Stream within the Occupational Therapy Department.
- Fixed Term Position until 30th June 2024
- Up to 0.6 EFT (part-time position)
- Grade 4 Occupational Therapist
- Reduced part-time applicants or other flexible working arrangements will be considered
Alfred Health - Occupational Therapy Services operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets.
The benefits of working within the Occupational Therapy department at Alfred Health include:
- The opportunity to work in a supportive team with diverse clinical expertise and knowledge.
- Access to regularly scheduled PD opportunities and cross-campus education, supported by a strong clinical supervision framework.
- A commitment to developing your clinical, non-clinical and leadership skills with a focus on promoting personal development and career progression.
- Providing opportunity to participate in Research and Quality Improvement initiatives.
- A focus on work-life balance and employee wellbeing with access to formal employee support programs.
- Access to Salary Packaging.
- Access to on-site gym, childcare and parking
The Alfred Health Grade 4 Hand Therapist/Project Coordinator position is an exciting new role that has been established in conjunction with the Southeast Metro Health Service Partnership (HSP) to plan, implement, and evaluate a Hand Therapy-led non-surgical pathway aimed at improving patient outcomes, quality of life, and reducing surgical waitlists.
The Grade 4 Hand Therapist will work closely with the OT Management team, the senior leadership team of the Plastics Unit and senior Hand Therapy colleagues at the other HSP organisations (Monash Health and Peninsula Health) to develop and implement this new service – The Adaptive Hand Clinic.
This role will also be responsible for playing a key strategic and operational role in the review and implementation of Advanced Scope Hand Therapy roles within Alfred Health as well as the ongoing development of the model of care to support the needs of this patient cohort moving into the future.
This role is also supported by our large and diverse Hand Therapy team led by experienced senior Hand Therapists who are currently delivering high quality, patient-centred care in a range of settings throughout Alfred Health.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent.
- Postgraduate studies (Master or PhD level) in one of Occupational Therapy, Public Health, Research, Health Management, and/or in relevant clinical field.
- Full Registration held with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership).
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
For more information refer to the Position Description.
All applications should be accompanied by a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae.
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Jonathon Hurst (Deputy Manager – Occupational Therapy) on 0408 484 099.
Applications close Monday, 3 April 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Published on 12 Mar 2023, 1:00 PM