- Job no: 63210
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-Time, Cancer Services (32 hours per fortnight)
- Clinical Psychologist Grade 2 or Grade 3
- Alfred Location
The Alfred Psychology Department includes Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology. The Psychology Department is progressive, supportive of staff, and focused on providing high-quality evidence-based assessment and treatment services. Psychology staff are provided with great opportunities for knowledge and skill development through supervision and a well-developed professional development program.
In this role, you will provide clinical services to patients & families/carers of The Alfred Cancer Service with a focus on the provision of services to inpatients. You will work closely with the other allied health staff of the cancer services and work in partnership with the senior clinical psychologist attached to the cancer service through CLE Psychiatry. At the Grade 3 level you will be a senior member of the Alfred Psychology Department and will be involved in department activities and duties including the supervision of other psychology staff and students, professional development activities and research.
What's in it for you?
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009.
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009 or eligiblity to enroll in the endorsement program.
- Australian Psychology Board Approved Supervisor Master or doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology for Grade 3
- Membership of the APS and the APS College of Clinical Psychologists is desirable
- Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
For more information regarding the position, please contact Lynda Katona - Manager of Psychology Services on 0402 071 138
Applications close Friday, 24 March 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.