- Job no: 63046
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Part Time + Full Time positions available including coverage of afternoon and weekend shifts.
- Permanent positions
- Location: The Alfred
- Great staff benefits!
Ward 4 East – General Medicine Unit (40 beds)
Responsible for the coordination of communication, patient services and clerical functions as directed by the Nurse Manager of designated ward or department.
- Word Processing (as applicable)
- Facilitate communication within the ward
- Arrange and coordinate patient services
- Clerical Duties
- Promote and maintain good customer relations with patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel.
- If necessary to be away from desk area, ensure the registered nurse in charge of the ward is notified.
- Be aware of role during emergency procedures.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Key role in ensuring communication reaches patient’s
Key Capabilities/Skills Required
- Able to work collaboratively in a range of teams
- Professionalism, diplomacy and an understanding of appropriate escalation
- Flexibility of attitude and work practices
- Able to prioritise competing demands and meet deadlines via efficient processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite childcare services
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Please get in touch with Aleisha Welsh (4 East Unit Manager) for any enquiries by email - [email protected] or 0498501851
Applications close at 11 pm Friday, 10 February 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.