- Job no: 63005
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Admin Training Officer - Outpatients - VINAH
- Full Time 80 hours a fortnight with ADO
- Classification code – HS14
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Alfred Health Outpatients Program is responsible for the delivery of a number of non-admitted services across the organisation as well as several services that support the delivery of clinical care, including Specialist Consulting Clinics, GP Liaison Service, Telehealth and Patient Portal Support, Health Information Service and the Referral In service.
Direct clinical care is delivered by the Specialist Consulting Clinics which provide scheduled medical, nursing and allied health services to non-admitted patients at all three campuses and via telehealth. Approximately 1200 patients are treated daily across Alfred Health Specialist Consulting Clinics within surgical, medical and other specialties.
The Health Information Service provides a range of functions including VAED reporting, medical record management and clinical information requests, Switchboard and enquiries services.
This position reports to the Administration Supervisor of the relevant work group. As part of the administration and training team for the Outpatient Program the administration officer will effectively and efficiently perform a range of administrative, clerical tasks, staff training and data entry to support and assist the day to day function of the clinics and health service. The role is responsible for ensuring that the service provides best customer outcomes and meets both internal and external, including government, reporting requirements. The administration officer ensures that an approachable, responsive and professional service is provided to patients, carers and health professionals. Responsibilities may include reception, patient enquiries, clinic preparation, electronic appointment scheduling, referral management, telephone support, staff training and data entry.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel (foundational)
- Previous administration experience in a health setting
- Previous Training role
- Understanding and experience supporting MBS clinics in a similar setting
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy legislation
- Knowledge of Cerner Programs
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Typing accuracy and speed of at least 40wpm
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Understanding and experience of Medicare billing processes
- Demonstrated ability to plan workflow, prioritise and delegate to meet deadlines.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Fiona Wilson, Project Supervisor - VINAH Reporting- Outpatients on 03) 9076 9767
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.