- Job no: 62541
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Classification - Allied Health Grade 2 or Nursing Equivalent
- Permanent position
- Part-time: Monday to Friday - 64 hours per fortnight; w/ flexible days
- Great staff benefits!
The Transition Care Program (TCP) provides short-term care and services for older people after they leave hospital. By offering maintenance (low level) therapy and support the TCP allows older people to continue their recovery out of hospital either in a bed-based setting (RACF) or their own home while appropriate long-term care and services is / are arranged.
With an allocation of 88 places, the Alfred Health TCP is a dynamic, fast past Case Management service with a small team of 12 clinicians and 1 Administrative staff member. Regular supervision is provided by Senior Clinicians or the Manager to support the clinicians in meeting KPIs and assist with complex discharge planning or client / family dynamics.
The unit reports to the Geriatric Evaluation Model (GEM) - Health of Older People stream.
An opportunity exists for a suitably qualified clinician to join the Alfred Health Transition Care Program as a Case Manager where you will provide holistic care to people aged 65 years and above. As the allocated Case Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Complete detailed and individual assessment and care planning for eligible older clients.
- Adopt processes and plan service provision that focuses on clients’ abilities, lifestyles and interests.
- Oversee a period of service provision and/or low intensity therapy within their own home reducing the level of input during the 12 weeks on the program thereby enabling discharge to other community supports. Alternatively support clients an aged care setting to optimise their level of functioning with the aim of returning home or to permanent care in a residential aged care facility.
- Provide practical and emotional case management support to client and/or carer, allowing decisions regarding the clients’ future to be made in an informed manner.
- Ensure that clinical practice meets the standards required under the Aged Care Act and National Transition Care Program guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Possession of a degree or diploma in Nursing/Allied Health, current professional registration where appropriate or eligibility for membership to the Professional association.
- Demonstrated competence in Nursing/Allied Health practice with individuals and families, including well developed assessment, intervention, counselling and complex care planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential care planning and skills in progressing timely care planning for residential care preferred.
- Experience in aged and/or community care preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the factors that impact on older people with significant care needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the range of services available in the community, and how to package these appropriately to meet client needs.
- Hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Sound computer skills.
- Previous case management experience.
- Demonstrated innovative service delivery approaches and achievements.
- Experience with VCAT applications.
- Post graduate qualifications in gerontology or community health.
- Ability to converse in another language.
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Enquiries to Janelle Russell, TCP Manager 9076 6725
Applications close: 11pm Monday, 6th February 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 3 days ago - 06 Feb 2023