- Job no: 62228
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Allied Health Assistance
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full time with flexible ADO - 12 month contract
- Based at St Kilda Rd Clinic
- Newly graduated health practitioners - nurses (Registered and Enrolled), social workers and occupational therapists, or AOD qualified workers
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin, Aged Mental Health Service at Caulfield Hospital and Headspace service in various locations in Victoria. Alfred Mental and Addiction Health also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies.
Southcity Clinic is located at St Kilda Rd Clinic, and provides a range of addiction interventions including harm reduction, counselling and evidence based medical interventions for addiction. The Southcity Clinic multi-disciplinary team is comprised of Addiction Medicine Specialists and Addiction Psychiatrists, Psychiatry Registrars, a Dual Diagnosis Nurse Practitioner and allied health practitioners including nurses, social workers and AOD clinicians.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this role, you will engage and support consumers and their families/carers by welcoming and orientating people to the clinic, assisting consumers and their families/carers to navigate the service system and link with other community organisations, and supporting consumers and carers to engage fully in ongoing treatment, care and support.
- Essential: Recently graduated health practitioner in nursing, social work or occupational therapy, and/OR experience working in publicly funded AOD treatment
- Strong interest in mental health and well-being and a career in mental health sector
- An understanding of the range of issues experienced by people experiencing mental illness and sustance use. Presenting with high-level needs, and a commitment to helping meet the needs of consumers and families/carers
- Current Victorian driver’s license
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, onsite childcare and gym, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
Enquiries: Gabby Cohen, Team Leader, South City Clinic on ph: 0439 516 146
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.