- Job no: 66955
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
- Casual role with flexible hours
- Physiotherapist Grade 2, Year 1-4
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Casual role with flexible hours
- Physiotherapist Grade 2 Year 1-4
- Alfred location
- Great Staff benefits!
Hospital Admissions Risk Program Complex Care (HARP CC) is a HIP program and in Alfred Health sits within Alfred Home - Acute and Community (HAC). The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP Complex Care Service is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
This role is open to an experienced Physiotherapist that has a strong interest in chronic and complex holistic healthcare. This role works within the Centralised HARP team.
The HARP PT role works as part of the HARP interdisciplinary teams to provide comprehensive assessment, short-term intervention, and involvement in maintenance and optimisation of functionality and well-being of clients in the community setting. The role promotes the health and independence of clients, and facilitates their ability to continue living safely within the community. Key features of the HARP PT role include assessment of client needs, health knowledge and functionality, care planning (in collaboration with the broader care team), PT interventions including education and short term therapy, and onwards referral to community based services.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Registration with Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Enrolment in, or completion of, postgraduate qualifications in relevant field, is desirable
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy, or Equivalent
- Proven clinical experience, including experience in an acute hospital setting and/or community setting and/or aged care
- Knowledge of respiratory conditions and management desirable
- A demonstrated interest in continued learning opportunities is also desirable
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Liz Rochford on 0419 770 002
Applications close at 11pm Monday, 27th of November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.