Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent - Part-time
- Based in Moorabbin
- Dietitian Grade 3
- Personal experience as a family member or carer of a young person who has used the public mental health system
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
What you’ll be doing
You will provide nutritional support, education and consultation to families, parents and young people with an eating disorder who are accessing treatment at Alfred CYMHS.
You will also provide education and consultation to other clinicians and teams, as well as developing information resources around nutrition and eating disorders for families and our clinicians.
What we need from you
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics acceptable for full membership of the Dietitians Association of Australia - Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) status or working towards same
- Personal experience as a family member or carer of a young person who has used the public mental health system and understanding of the impact of mental health issues and illness on families/carers
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of peer support and the ability to utilise own experience constructively for the benefit of others
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one and be willing to undergo a Background Check
What's in it for you
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Rachel Barbara-May on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Wednesday 14 April 2021 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.