Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Administrative Support and Receptionist
- Grade 1 - HS1
- Part -time, Permanent
Caulfield Allied Health is a shared area where all allied health departments are co-located. The Departments include: Nutrition and Dietetics, Speech Pathology, Clinical Psychology and Neuro Psychology, Physiotherapy, Patient and Family Services (Social Work) and Occupational Therapy
The Administrative Support and Receptionist role works closely with a diverse range of clients, carers, health professionals and external agencies across Caulfield Hospital.
This is a multi·skilled support position that provides a clinical interface between patients/carers attending the Allied Health precinct and Allied Health staff. The position involves the provision of professional administrative, reception, telephone and secretarial functions within Allied Health.
Duties may include, and not be limited to; provision of information to consumers, data collection and entry, assisting allied health clinicians to manage day to day appointments, fee collection, financial reconciliation, filing, and requisition/ordering of internal and external account processes.
A major role of this position is managing the bookings for Interpreters for patients and families from Non English Speaking backgrounds for the Caulfield Hospital campus.
- Reception, Telephone, Financial support
- Providing prompt and professional telephone, reception and administrative services for clients, carers, health professionals and external organisations.
- Making and managing Interpreter bookings for patients/carers.
- Screening and directing phone calls, enquiries and facsimile transmissions to appropriate services.
- Providing administration support to allied health departments.
- Maintaining reception area, display boards and ensuring up-Io-date accurate information is displayed.
- Experience reconciling petty cash, expenses and fees for hire equipment ensuring maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Supporting use of Cerner Scheduling and assist with administrative processes within the Scheduling system as required.
- Utilising Cerner Scheduling to book Interpreter appointments for patients and families
- Providing administrative support to the Occupational Therapy Driving Assessment Program specifically through management of fees payable.
- Supporting the Administration Officer and Allied Health Managers as required.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All enquiries should be addressed to Speech Pathology Manager, Kate Lawlor, 9076 6481 or firstname.lastname@example.org