Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Neuroscience Clinical Research Coordinator: Dementia and Movement Disorders
- Fixed Term – 12 month contract
- Full time – 76 hours per week
- Scientist Grade 2
- Alfred Hospital
Neurology is a developing specialty within Alfred Health, and recent investment has produced significant growth in this area, particularly with regard to research and clinical trials. The Neuroscience Clinical Trials Unit undertakes clinical trials in for new therapeutic interventions (drugs and devices) in a wide area of neurological conditions, including epilepsy, Parkinson’s Disease and other movement disorders, Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementing disorders, Headache and pain disorders and neuromuscular diseases.
This role provides an opportunity to join a dynamic team as part of the Alfred Health, Department of Neurology. The Clinical Research Coordinator will join our multidisciplinary clinical trials team, focusing on the coordination of our Dementia and Movement Disorders trials. This role involves working with patients with a variety of neurological conditions in both commercially-sponsored and investigator driven studies, preparation of ethics and research governance submissions, and the maintenance of study practices and documentation in line with Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
The successful applicant will be highly organised, self-driven, and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or substantial experience in previous employment
- Experience in coordinating clinical research and trials within Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, specifically in neurology.
- Experience in cognitive testing using validated psychometric scales
- Working knowledge of the requirements of ethics and research governance, preferably with experience in submission
- Familiarity with the clinical aspects of neurology and relevant sub specialties.
This position presents an opportunity to work within a supportive team in a rapidly growing area.
Alfred staff benefits include:
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close 11pm Friday 30th October 2020
All enquiries to Dr Katherine Burn on 9903 0897.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.