Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Grade 2 (SX2-SX5) Permanent Clinical Informatics Pharmacist
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
The Pharmacy Clinical Informatics team works closely with the Information Development Division (IDD) and manages all medication related content in clinical information systems within Alfred Health. This includes the Cerner electronic medical record, iPharmacy, smart infusion pumps and Omnicell automated dispensing machines. The medication clinical information systems are sophisticated and well integrated at Alfred Health, and the pharmacy clinical informatics team are a dynamic and innovative team.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated pharmacists with experience in clinical informatics to join our Pharmacy Clinical Informatics team. You will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to achieve the best medication management outcomes for individual patients. You will contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale whilst contributing to practice based research projects and service and practice improvement work.
This role will be an integral part in providing the Pharmacy Clinical Informatics service in association with the Pharmacy Executive and Senior Leadership Teams. It will be involved in the development and maintenance of the medication related informatics systems such as the electronic medication management system (Cerner), pharmacy dispensing systems (iPharmacy), infusion pump software (Alaris Smart Pumps) and automated dispensing cabinets (Omnicell)
The successful applicant will need to undertake the Society of Hospital Pharmacists Advanced Training Residency program in Clinical Informatics for their first two years full-time. More information can be found at: https://www.shpa.org.au/residency/advanced-training. To be eligible for the program, you must have a portfolio that demonstrates practice towards credentialing at Stage 1 (Transitional) of the Australia Advanced Level Framework.
To succeed as a Clinical Informatics Pharmacist at Alfred Health you need to demonstrate:
- Experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services in a hospital
- Ability to apply clinical knowledge, judgement and reasoning into systems design
- A patient-centred approach to care
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Problem solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Commitment to developing professionally through post-graduate study
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Experience in clinical pharmacy in a hospital setting desirable
- Experience in clinical informatics required
- Relevant post-graduate qualification highly desirable
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Level 1 - Transition on the Australian Advanced Level Framework
- Onsite gym (currently closed during COVID)
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume, cover letter and professional practice portfolio ( can be shared via a link)
Applications close Sunday 29th November at midnight
All internal applications must be made via the careers page in eHub using your Alfred email address.
For a confidential discussion please contact Erica Tong, Deputy Director of Pharmacy - Tel: +61 3 9076 2061
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.