- Job no: 67100
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Radiographer / Radiation Therapist
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight Including ADO
- Classification Code: Medical Imaging Technologist Grade 3
- Role: Grade 3 General Supervisor Radiographer
- Located at Alfred Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits
Alfred Health has one of the most experienced and technologically advanced radiology/nuclear medicine departments in the country, providing service to the population of Melbourne and greater Victoria.
Alfred Heath provides a comprehensive range of medical diagnostic and therapeutic services with a modern range of equipment across all modalities for both inpatients and outpatients.
The departmental clinical governance strategy ensures a high standard of care for patients undergoing radiological examinations and promotes a multidisciplinary team approach.
Alfred Health Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Department is fully accredited with the Department of Health
Based at the Alfred Hospital, in this role you would be responsible for providing the best possible radiographic examinations ensuring patient comfort, welfare and safety; within the supportive Radiology environment. Working under the direction of the General supervisor, you will support the supervisor and all general staff in theatres on shift and day rosters.
You will have the opportunity to work in a film-less PACS environment with a wide range of state of the art equipment across the full range of patient types including inpatients and trauma.
The vibrant radiography department is accredited with RANZCR/NATA standards and provides a comprehensive range of medical diagnostic services including ultrasound, angiography, MRI, all forms of general work, theatre, fluoroscopy and CT.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Medical Radiations or equivalent
- Eligibility for A.I.R Validated Statement of Accreditation
- National Registration with AHPRA to practice as a Medical Imaging Technologist
- Victorian Department of Health Use Licence
- Evidence of CPD in line with registration requirements.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more detail on the role please contact Noelene Bergen on (03) 9076 2082
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Friday 1st December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 19 Nov 2023, 1:00 PM