- Job no: 66601
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Deputy Occupational Therapy Manager – Grade 4
- Fixed Term Parental Leave position until 06.10.2024
- Full-time – 80 hours per fortnight, including an ADO
- (Part-time/job share/flexible work arrangements and secondments will be considered)
- Alfred Hospital Location
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Occupational Therapy Manager (Grade 4) to join our large and supportive Occupational Therapy Service in a full-time/fixed-term capacity. This position will include responsibilities across all Alfred Health sites – The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital, and hold a key role within the Allied Health directorate.
The Position Summary
The successful applicant will work in collaboration with the Occupational Therapy Manager and will provide operational support to a workforce of over 80 EFT. They will ensure the provision of high-quality evidence-based Occupational Therapy services in accordance with Alfred Health's strategic and operational plans. They will also provide Allied Health leadership to a designated clinical program at Alfred Health, supporting the delivery of allied health services within the program to enable efficient patient access and flow.
Within this exciting fixed-term role, there are opportunities to engage in the recruitment and development of the occupational therapy workforce, ensuring that best-practice clinical care is provided, and supporting a wide range of quality and safety initiatives. The successful applicant will bring a dynamic and collaborative leadership style, be a committed team player and demonstrate highly developed communication skills. They will be seeking opportunities to develop their operational and professional leadership skills and influence strategic direction to ensure best patient outcomes are achieved.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy and current AHPRA Registration
- Post-graduate clinical qualifications or health services management/administration / business management at a Masters level or Higher.
- Experience in the delivery of an Occupational Therapy service in a hospital environment.
- Well-established leadership skills.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Demonstrated health system-wide knowledge and ability to respond to changing needs of Allied Health services.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop and/or consolidate leadership skills and contribute to service development activities within a large metropolitan health service.
In addition, there is access to:
- Internal and External professional development activities
- Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
Please provide both a cover letter and a current curriculum vitae.
Please send enquiries to Karen Roberts (Allied Health Manager – Occupational Therapy) on 0419 106 099.
Applications close Monday, 27 November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.