- Job no: 66939
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
- Fixed term Part-Time until June 30, 2024
- Based at the Sandringham Site
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed term until June 30, 2024
- Part-Time at 48 hours per f/n
- Based at the Sandringham Site
- Physiotherapist, VB1 - VB4
- Great staff benefits
Alfred Health’s Physiotherapy Department provides acute physiotherapy services to the patients of The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital and subacute physiotherapy services to Caulfield Hospital.
The acute physiotherapy service is organised into five functional streams, namely: Intensive Care, Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, PAN (Progressive Illness, Aged Care and Neurosciences), and Sandringham. The first four streams are located at The Alfred site, with the latter being based at the Sandringham site. The physiotherapy service provides acute clinical services and expertise in the following areas: intensive care, cardiothoracic surgery, general surgery, orthopaedics, trauma, burns, lung transplantation, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary rehabilitation, neurology and neurosurgery, infectious diseases, haematology/oncology, general medicine, haemophilia and emergency.
The physiotherapy service at Caulfield Hospital provides an extensive range of inpatient and ambulatory services in the areas of rehabilitation, aged care and residential care services. The physiotherapy service provides subacute clinical services and expertise in the following areas: neurology, non-traumatic spinal cord injury, orthopaedics, amputees, burns, complex regional pain, cardiac rehabilitation, aged care, transitional care and aged psychiatry. The physiotherapy department is organised into functional streams: Neurological Rehabilitation, Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Health of Older Persons (HOP) and ABI.
The Alfred Health Physiotherapy Department has more than 100 EFT and employs over 170 staff. The physiotherapy service has a proud history of clinical and academic excellence. It remains strongly committed to further pursuing excellence in physiotherapy through clinical research. The Alfred Health Physiotherapy Department is a major partner in the Alfred Health Physiotherapy Clinical Schools for both La Trobe and Monash Universities and in this role provides core and elective clinical placements for more than 50 undergraduate physiotherapy students
The Senior Physiotherapist (Sandringham) will be responsible for the provision of high quality physiotherapy to the referred inpatients predominantly on the General Medical wards and may be required to provide clinical support to surgical, ED /Short stay ward, Orthopaedic Inpatients and Women’s Health inpatients in conjuction with other senior physiotherapists and the Sandringham Site Lead.
The Senior Physiotherapist (Sandringham) will contribute to student coordination and supervision, coordination of quality and research projects within their specialised area of interest or more broadly for the physiotherapy service.
The Senior Physiotherapist (Sandringham) will have responsibility for the supervision and professional development of Grade 1 staff assigned to their area of work.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Registered with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and skills in the provision of physiotherapy services in the relevant areas of physiotherapy.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage a caseload, including the co-ordination of other staff
- Demonstrated ability to undertake quality initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to supervise students and Grade 1 Staff
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For all enquiries, please contact: Diana Leske, Sandringham Site Lead on 0401 927 977.
Applications close at 11pm Thursday the 23rd of November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.