- Job no: 66997
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 2 vacancies: Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO and Fixed-term, Full-time to end June 2025
- Based in Bentleigh
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Psychologist Grade 2
- Frequent professional development opportunities and regular professional supervision
What's in it for you:
- Great team culture and a supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Be involved in an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community!
Headspace Early Psychosis is an innovative and comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
We are a dynamic team, seeking work differently with young people and their families in the area. We value collaborative work and therapeutic interventions. We have a strong and inclusive team culture that seeks to develop staff and improve outcomes for the people we care for.
What you’ll be doing
As a CCT (Continuing Care Team) Clinician will provide clinical assessment, intervention, case-management and therapy to young people presenting with, or at risk of, developing early psychosis and facilitate a culture that emphasises family involvement. In addition, you will act as a resource demonstrating current theoretical knowledge and evidence base for discipline specific practice in mental health.
In this role, you will be well supported through an outcome orientated multi-disciplinary team structure with opportunities for professional development.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership with the relevant professional registering body (Nursing and Midwifery Board/Occupational Therapy Board/Psychology Board via AHPRA, or AASW)
- Appropriate work visa
- Full Covid-19 and 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Elysia Page on ph: 9076 9400
Closing date: Sunday, 3rd December 2023 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 19 Nov 2023, 11:23 PM