- Job no: 67082
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Appointment - Ending Mid Sept 2024
- Full Time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Classification: Managers & Admin Worker Grade 2
- Legal Support Service (Onsite at 541 St Kilda Rd)
- Great Staff Benefits including a Rostered Paid day off each month
Legal Support Services (inc. Freedom of Information and Police Liaison).
Alfred Health is a large, complex organisation with three campuses. Each campus covers a wide variety of medico-legal activities, including management of legal claims, Freedom of Information and liaison with Victoria Police. A large part of these activities has been centralised and are overseen by the Legal Support Services Department based at the Alfred campus.
- This position is available for immediate start, and will play an important role in supporting the Legal Support Service, based in our modern fresh office at the Alfred Hospital. As a member of our small dynamic team you will be required to process requests for medical records and health information from internal and external departments quickly, with efficiency and accuracy.
- Our unit utilises several databases, Outlook, Share-point, Teams and Cerner, and the right candidate will be a quick adopter of new processes and systems.
- We are seeking someone who is positive, efficient, accurate, enjoys following processes and information management. Our internal information requestors include: Health Information Services; Clinical Governance; Patient Liaison; and the Alfred Health Legal Office. External organisations and stakeholders may include: solicitors; insurers; the Transport Accident Commission; Victoria Police; government departments and patients.
- We value diversity, if you have the skills for the position, please apply.
Qualifications / Experiences Required
- Knowledge of Privacy and Freedom of Information processes.
- Excellent data entry accuracy and speed.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to liaise with internal departments and external stakeholders in a professional and time critical manner.
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills with the capacity to work to tight deadlines and comply with statutory requirements.
- Ability to use established administrative system and processes.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently as required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Customer service skills including respect and sensitivity to people who may be experiencing stress due to personal or family illness.
- One Rostered paid day off each month
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (The Alfred only)
- Child care services (The Alfred only)
- Modern newly outfitted offices on St Kilda Rd, with easy access to public transport and Fawkner Park.
If applicable, specify specific requirements that you require in the cover letter or CV.
Any queries please contact: [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Friday 24th Novemeber 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.