- Job no: 66570
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full Time, Fixed term (until June 2024 - Parental leave position) - 80 hours per fortnight (with ADO)
- Health Promotion Officer Grade 1
- Based at Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS), Caulfield Hospital
Home Acute and Community (HAC) is a clinical program across Alfred Health and largely based at Caulfield Hospital. The HAC program plays an integral role within Victoria’s health care system, supporting people to maximise their independence and functioning, and minimise long-term healthcare needs. HAC oversees a diverse group of services promoting effective seamless care, from acute care back into the community. These services are provided in hospital, community-based settings and in people’s homes.
Health promotion is a key component of the services provided by CCHS, and is supported by the Department of Health (DH) and other funding streams. The Health Promotion Officer is responsible for contributing to the development of best practice integrated health promotion across at CCHS.
You will be familiar with contemporary health promotion theory and practice, including complex systems and place-based approaches to drive a number of health promotion projects and activities across a range of priority education settings - e.g. early learning services within the local community.
You will lead a number of place-based strategies across a range of priority issues, including working directly with education settings and build their capacity to complete and navigate health and wellbeing initiatives using a whole-setting approach.
In this position, you will work closely with the Health Promotion Coordinator to implement and evaluate various CCHS health promotion strategies across the priority areas. You will also receive professional support and supervision from the Health Promotion Coordinator, which will contribute to organisational capacity building for health promotion and you may also be required to actively represent CCHS on a range of internal and external networks.
- Tertiary qualification in health promotion
- Experience in the planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based health promotion activities
- Meet individual and team KPIs and targets in order to meet funding requirements
- Ability to develop strong and effective relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders including community members
- Experience with contemporary health promotion theory and practice, including complex systems and settings based approaches
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
- Discounted onsite parking
- Onsite staff gym
- Onsite childcare centre
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, apply now - including your resume and cover letter.
Please direct any further queries to Barb Ryan on 03 9076 6666
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 3rd December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Published on 15 Nov 2023, 1:24 AM