- Job no: 66959
- Category: Nurse, Research
- Fixed-term Part Time Position Available
- Level 3 Research Nurse (Grade 4B)
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed-term 12 month contract (renewable on a yearly basis)
- Part Time at 64 hours per fortnight
- Level 3 Research Nurse (Grade 4B nursing)
- The Alfred Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits!
About the Department of Respiratory Medicine
The Department of Respiratory Medicine has a unique and comprehensive spectrum of expertise in Australia across clinical and basic allergy and advanced adult lung diseases, including severe asthma, emphysema, interstitial lung diseases, sleep apnoea, cystic fibrosis (CF; State Centre of Excellence) and lung transplantation. The Department is divided into four Clinical Services, supported by the Bronchoscopy Service and the Physiology Service (including the Lung Function Laboratory).
The Department of Respiratory Medicine within the Alfred Hospital requires a Lung Transplant Research Nurse/Co-ordinator responsible for supporting the supervision, coordination and management of clinical trials and research activities undertaken by Lung Transplant (Medical) Service, specifically a post lung transplantation biobank, and other research activities relating to lung transplantation, including other severe lung diseases as required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Current practising certificate and working with children check
- Minimum 5 years acute nursing experience
- Must be proficient in venopuncture
- Knowledge and experience of data management and clinical trials coordination
- Previous management experience
- Respiratory, lung transplant and/or cardiovascular experience preferred
- Post-graduate qualification in a health related discipline preferred
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For position enquiries, please contact Bronwyn Levvey (03) 9076 3829 or Noe Khumalo (03) 9076 8224.
Applications close at 11pm Monday the 27th of November, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.