- Job no: 66792
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Exciting opportunity for nurses wishing to undertake a 12-month secondment to our Alfred ICYAMHWS Transition to Specialty Practice role.
- Fulltime with flexible ADO - 12 month contract commencing Jan 2024
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Alfred ICYAMHWS (Infant, Child & Youth Area Mental Health & Wellbeing Service) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
What you’ll be doing
This position is a 12 month supported and supernumerary/co-clinician position, to support the nurse’s transition in to community practice and within the specialist clinical area of Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
As our Transition Nurse, you will undertake both a case management role within one of our sector teams, and a nursing specific role within our Eating Disorders Program, working with young people aged 5-25 years and their families.
What’s in it for you
You will receive weekly clinical supervision with a senior nurse, as well as additional support from our Clinical Nurse Educator, Discipline Senior and Team Leader, and from within the ICYAMHWS nursing and sector teams.
You will also be supported to undertake the Developmental Psychiatry Course beginning in February 2023, as well as encouraged to complete other training and professional development opportunities throughout the 12 month period.
What you’ve got
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Approved postgraduate qualification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and the other relevant legislation and policies
- Australian working rights
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
Please contact Andrew Jong for more information – ph: 8552 0555.
Closing date: Sunday 26th November 2023 by 11pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.