- Job no: 66956
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based across St Kilda Road sites and Infant, Child and Youth at Moorabbin
- Administration Grade 4
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
AMAH has one of the largest Lived Experience Workforces in Victorian public mental health services with over 61 people employed in designated lived experience roles as of 2023. The Lived Experience Workforce is employed across acute inpatient units, community services, youth mental health and specialist services. You will join a thriving and growing Lived Experience team that features roles like: Peer Workers, Senior Peer Workers, Consumer/Carer Consultants, Practice Leads, Peer Workforce Managers and Directors of Consumer and Carer Lived Experience.
What you’ll be doing
Participation occurs when people with lived experience are meaningfully involved in decision-making about health policy and planning, care and treatment, and the wellbeing of themselves and the community.
In this role, you will coordinate consumer, carer and community engagement activities for the Alfred Mental and Addiction Health program. Activities include, but are not limited to: Consumer/Carer Advisory Groups, service improvement activities, training and education, steering committees, working groups and more. You will support the growth and enhancement of this program to ensure meaningful engagement in all areas of the service.
In addition, you will assist with the administration of the participation including recruitment, orientation and reimbursement as per AMAH reimbursement policy and review evaluation of consumer and carer participation annually.
- A personal lived experience of mental health challenges or being a person with lived experience of caring for a person experiencing mental health challenges
- Demonstrated work experience in working from a lived experience perspective (i.e. experience working in a consumer or carer consultant, peer support role with mental health services or other lived experience roles)
- Experience in engaging with various stakeholders and communities through co-design, co-production and engagement
Qualifications desirable in: Certificate IV in Mental Health; Certificate IV in Peer Work; Certificate IV in Coordination of Volunteer Programs; Certificate IV in Community Services or a willingness to obtain
- Australian working rights
- Full Covid-19 and 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, car parking (subject to availability), onsite gym, childcare services, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport and cafes
- Lived experience discipline supervision
- Professional development opportunities
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Director of Consumer Lived/Living Experience Rebecca Langman on ph: 0419 620 334 or [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Thursday 23rd Novemeber 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.