- Job no: 66917
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
- Permanent Role
- Part-Time Position – 48 hours per/fn
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Part-Time Position – 48 hours per/fn
Clinical Nurse Consultant B, (CAPR 3.2 / ZJ4)
Alfred health & Caulfield Hospital
Great Staff Benefits!
Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS) provides a range of clinical and health promotion services for people of all ages who live, work or study within the local community. These multi-disciplinary services are provided in the centre, community or are home based. CCHS is co-located on the Caulfield Hospital site, as a part of Alfred Health.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant Diabetes Nurse Educator (DNE) will be responsible for the effective clinical management of clients with type 2 diabetes within the Diabetes Connecting Care Clinic (DCCC), which is a service provided by in collaboration with CCHS, Alfred Health Endocrine & Diabetes Service and Primary care. The DNE will work in conjunction with a Dietitian, Exercise Physiologist, Pharmacist, GP with special interest, and Endocrinologist to provide an interdisciplinary approach to care, with the aim of increasing client understanding and confidence to self-manage their type 2 diabetes in the community. The DNE will complete assessments with the Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist, as well as providing support to the medical and pharmacy team during the Friday morning clinic, which is based at the Caulfield Hospital Consulting Suites.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia- Division 1 Registered Nurse .
- Post-graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education.
- ADEA Credentialled Diabetes Educator (CDE) status.
- Member of the Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA).
- Demonstrated experience in diabetes assessment and management utilising a person-centred approach.
- High level of clinical competence, skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with thought to Health Literacy across diverse community members.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Ability to prepare and deliver education to clients, families and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to consult and collaborate with others and work as an effective member of the team.
- Understanding of, and alignment with the Alfred Health values and capabilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
- Experience providing Diabetes Education in a community setting.
- Completed or working towards training in a model of care to support clients in self-management of chronic disease e.g. motivational interviewing, Flinders Self-Management Model.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge /experience with continuous glucose monitoring systems
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For enquiries regarding this role, please contact Kerryn Wooley- Team Leader Adult Health (CCHS): [email protected] or 0404-042-517 or Diana Blackburn- Diabetes Education Manager Alfred Health: [email protected] or 0429 773 468
Applications close at 11pm Thursday the 23rd of November, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status. Website: www.alfredhealth.org.au