- Job no: 66876
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
- Permanent Part-Time Opportunity
- Alfred Hospital Location
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Ongoing Opportunity
- Part Time role at 48 hours/fortnight
- Flexible hours available upon negotiation
- Grade 3 Physiotherapist, VB7-VB9, VC1
- Alfred Hospital Site
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Health’s Physiotherapy Department provides acute physiotherapy services to the patients of The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital and subacute physiotherapy services to Caulfield Hospital.
The acute physiotherapy service is organised into five functional streams, namely: Intensive Care, Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, PAN (Progressive Illness, Aged Care and Neurosciences), and Sandringham. The first four streams are located at The Alfred site, with the latter being based at the Sandringham site. The physiotherapy service provides acute clinical services and expertise in the following areas: intensive care, cardiothoracic surgery, general surgery, orthopaedics, trauma, burns, lung transplantation, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary rehabilitation, neurology and neurosurgery, infectious diseases, haematology/oncology, general medicine, haemophilia and emergency.
The physiotherapy service at Caulfield Hospital provides an extensive range of inpatient and ambulatory services in the areas of rehabilitation, aged care and residential care services. The physiotherapy service provides subacute clinical services and expertise in the following areas: neurology, non-traumatic spinal cord injury, orthopaedics, amputees, burns, complex regional pain, cardiac rehabilitation, aged care, transitional care and aged psychiatry. The physiotherapy department is organised into functional streams: Neurological Rehabilitation, Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Health of Older Persons (HOP) and ABI.
The Alfred Health Physiotherapy Department has more than 100 EFT and employs over 170 staff. The physiotherapy service has a proud history of clinical and academic excellence. It remains strongly committed to further pursuing excellence in physiotherapy through clinical research. The Alfred Health Physiotherapy Department is a major partner in the Alfred Health Physiotherapy Clinical Schools for both La Trobe and Monash Universities and in this role provides core and elective clinical placements for more than 50 undergraduate physiotherapy students
The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (Lung Transplant) is responsible for providing leadership in the ongoing development and provision of specialist physiotherapy services to inpatients and outpatients under the Lung Transplant Unit, and other relevant units assigned to them as well as contributing to the overall service outcomes of the Respiratory Physiotherapy Stream.
The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (Lung Transplant) shares responsibility for the education of physiotherapy students and the supervision and professional development of Grade 2 and Grade 1 staff assigned to their units.
The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (Lung Transplant) is expected to be engaged in research and quality activities within the area of lung transplant, or more broadly within Respiratory Stream and has an important role contributing to the development of individuals, the clinical team and the physiotherapy service through good leadership, teamwork and communication
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Registered with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia and able to practice in the state of Victoria
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and skills in the provision of physiotherapy services in the relevant areas of physiotherapy.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage a caseload, including the co-ordination of other staff
- Demonstrated ability to undertake quality initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to supervise students, Grade 2, and Grade 1 Staff
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For all enquiries, please contact: Brenda Button, Stream Leader - Respiratory on ph:9076 3450
Applications close at 11pm on Friday the 24th of November, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.