- Job no: 66759
- Category: Technical and Support, Information & Communication Technology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Appointment
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – HS5
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Digital Health Division is responsible for enabling clinical staff to deliver timely, quality care to our patients and carers through innovative use of information technologies, and through strategic management of information and data across the organisation.
The division encompasses all aspects of:
- Information technology procurement, delivery, security and support.
- Electronic Medical Record design, development and support, including the electronic Timely Quality Care Program
- General applications support
- Data Governance and security
The Project Manager will be skilled in all elements of large-scale project management within health and possess strong interpersonal communication skills managing multiple stakeholders across all health-related disciplines. This position will have a strong emphasis on end to end planning and coordination of projects across internal and external teams and vendors. The Project Manager will drive efficient delivery of business outcomes, resolve roadblocks, and ensure team members are collaborating effectively. The Project Manager will be expected to deliver and report project outcomes in line with project scope on time, on budget, and on quality.
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties in the development and implementation of projects:
- Deliver project outcomes in line with agreed project scope, on time, on budget, and on quality.
- Develop project business case and initiation documentation.
- Develop an implementation and support plan (deployment plan).
- Create a detailed project schedule which identifies, sizes and sequences the activities and dependencies needed to complete the project successfully.
- Liaise with directors and other staff as required to determine the resources required for activities.
- Liaise with programs across Alfred Health to co-ordinate efforts to create the capacity to support training and optimisation activities.
- Manage the project scope (including requests to vary scope), budget, risks and scheduling of project activities.
- Ensure deliverables satisfy quality criteria.
- Report project status and outcomes following Digital Health standards and processes.
- Coordinate logistics for project and organisational activities.
- Review (and obtain approval of) the project schedule with senior management and all other Digital Health staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Contribute and assist in the development of projects following Digital Health standards and processes.
- Review the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at the completion of each phase, and update benefits realisation plan as required.
- Prepare project signoff documentation.
- Ensure provision is made to address open issues and risks and follow-on actions.
- Develop a transition to support plan.
- Hand over to support.
- The ability to quickly build and maintain positive relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Understanding of hospital operational management.
- The ability to motivate and focus a team and to foster collaboration among team members and stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high-level communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and committed to excellence.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification in ICT or project management or appropriate health qualification.
- Strong interpersonal skills in managing multiple stakeholders and teams across concurrent streams of development work.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in health services operational or project management is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing projects in complex environments is essential.
For further details, please contact Roberto de Lima on 0484 237 199.
Applications close: Friday, 1 December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 09 Nov 2023, 2:02 AM