- Job no: 66957
- Category: Management and Executive, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Full-Time 1.0 EFT
- Managers and Administrative Worker Grade 8 (HS8)
- Located at The Alfred
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Great Staff Benefits
The Capital Program Department is one of three teams in Alfred Health’s Strategy and Planning Division, along with Planning and Partnerships and Engineering Infrastructure. The Capital Program Department is responsible for the replacement and/or refurbishment of existing facilities/infrastructure and new capital developments across Alfred Health on all projects valued at greater than $100K.
The Director, Capital Program has the responsibility for the leadership of the Capital Program across Alfred Health, inclusive of:
- Leadership: Leadership of a team of specialist Project Management staff, ensuring Capital Program Work outcomes are delivered and workforce culture and capability is continually enhanced. You will also foster a culture of collaboration within the Strategy and Planning Division and externally.
- Program Management: Oversight of Alfred Health’s Capital Program delivery, including project design Management of pipeline projects, all program management activities, outputs, and results. This includes proactive management of project gates, governance, risks, and budgets.
- Stakeholder Management and Advice: Provide expert advice on areas relevant to your role to the Executive Director of Strategy and Planning, Chief Executive Officer, Executive team, other Strategy and Planning Directors, Alfred Health staff, and project stakeholders.
- Resource Management: Engage across the Strategy and Planning Division and utilise the Capital Program pipeline, register, asset management plans, and budgets to strategically plan for and adjust future resourcing requirements to support effective program and projects delivery.
- Quality, Safety and Risk: Display, apply and foster understanding of Project teams and staff responsibility for patient safety, quality & risk and contribute to organisational quality and safety initiatives.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or Certifications in a related discipline of Program Management and Project Management and/or Building Construction.
- Desirable 10+ years’ experience delivering Building Infrastructure Programs of Work exceeding $5million.
- Post Graduate qualifications in Health Services Management, Project Management and/or Business Management.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- On-Site Gym
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
- Child Care Services
All enquires to Jenny Walsh, Executive Director Strategy & Planning on [email protected]
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 08 Nov 2023, 10:26 PM