- Job no: 66725
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Administration Officer/Telephonist
- Full time – 80 hours per fortnight including an ADO
- Classification code – HS1 ($58,442.80 + Super)
- Full-time - Ongoing
- Monday to Friday position with some PM work
- Alfred Hospital location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Outpatients Program is responsible for the overall delivery of several non-admitted or ambulatory services across the organisation, including Specialist Consulting Clinics, The Alfred Transit Lounge, GP Liaison and Specialist Clinic referrals and enquiries. The largest component of these is the Specialist Consulting Clinics which provide scheduled medical, nursing, and allied health services to non-admitted patients at all three campuses. Approximately 1000 patients are treated daily across Alfred Health Specialist Consulting Clinics within surgical, medical, and other specialties.
This position reports to the Administration Team Leader of the Referral-In Team. As part of the administration team for the Outpatient Program the administration officer will effectively and efficiently perform a range of administrative, reception and clerical tasks to support and assist the day-to-day function of the clinics and health service. The role is responsible for ensuring that the service provides best customer outcomes and meets both internal and external, including government, reporting requirements. The administration officer ensures that an approachable, responsive, and professional service is provided to patients, carers, and health professionals. Responsibilities may include reception, patient enquiries, clinic preparation, electronic appointment scheduling, referral management, telephone support and data entry.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel (foundational)
- Previous administration experience in a health setting
- Experience in managing calls in a high call volume environment
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy legislation
- Knowledge of Cerner Programs
- Typing accuracy and speed of at least 40wpm
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Understanding and experience of Medicare billing processes
- Highly developed Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan workflow, prioritise and delegate in order to meet deadlines
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact James Robinson, Referral In Team Leader, Outpatients Program on 0438 814 022
Application Close: 11pm AEST, Wednesday 25th October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.