- Job no: 66315
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Part-time (up to 0.8EFT)
- Based in 549 St Kilda Rd
- Lived Experience Worker Level 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Regular professional supervision
- An opportunity to be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
What you’ll be doing
This position sits within the Strategy and Planning Team and will work closely with the leadership of Lived Experience to collaboratively plan, implement, and deliver on the transformation plan. This position will require you to have a good understanding of the mental health services and the recommendations of the Royal Commission into mental health, lived experience frameworks and relevant policy.
You will contribute to the full life cycle of projects, including: undertaking research, analysis and implementation of projects based on defined outcomes and outputs, managing projects or sub-projects and being accountable for the successful delivery and completion of projects/sub-projects within resourcing, timeline and budget parameters, monitoring and evaluating projects to ensure objectives are met inclusive of consumer and carer participation
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholders and collaborating with people from different levels and roles
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft teams
- Experience working in a consumer consultant or peer work position within health services and successful completion of training such as Intentional Peer Support or equivalent is desirable
- Australian working rights
- Full Covid-19 and 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, car parking (subject to availability), onsite gym, childcare services, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Gracie Tan on ph: 0432 809 525
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Sunday 3rd December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 13 Nov 2023, 1:57 AM