- Job no: 66527
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Senior Pharmacist – Surgical Specialties
- Full Time 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Classification - Grade 3 Pharmacist SX6 - SX81
- Permanent Full Time position
- Alfred Hospital location
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patient, their family and other health services to provide excellent service in the area of medication. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health provides a dynamic and innovative clinical pharmacy service to ensure Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible.
Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
Alfred Health is currently seeking a Senior Pharmacist to provide expertise in the delivery and development clinical pharmacy services to the Surgical Specialties; including Vascular surgery, Colorectal surgery, Ear Nose and Throat, Plastics, Urology, Breast and Endocrine surgery, General surgery and Radiology across Alfred Health.
In this role, you will lead and develop a team of motivated pharmacists and work alongside some of the country's best clinicians. You will be expected to develop and lead innovative extended scope of practice programs as well as develop new programs to better care for our patients. Research and education will also be a core focus of your practice. The position offers a rare opportunity to lead national priorities, support research, develop and mentor staff and enhance clinical services across a range of surgical specialties.
• Demonstrate leadership and complex decision-making skills
• Communicate effectively
• Ability to search and analyse medical literature
• Advanced presentation and writing skills
• Ability to collaborate with individuals from other departments including medical, nursing and administrative staff
• Ability to communicate in spoken and written English
• Advanced computer skills
• Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
• Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as Masters of Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent is highly desirable
• Recognition as an ANZCAP registrar or consultant, or equivalent, in the specialty of surgery or a related area highly desirable
Applications close at at the end of Sunday 26th November 2023.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact Lauren Hunt, Lead Pharmacist - Surgical Services on [email protected] or via 9076 2061.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.