- Job no: 66413
- Category: Technical and Support, Other Technical / Support
- Fixed-Term: Until 01/05/2024, Part-Time: 44 hrs per f/n
- Grade 2 Pathology Collector
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed-Term: Until 01/05/2024
- Part-Time: 44 hrs per f/n
- Classification: Grade 2 Pathology Collector
- Located at The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Pathology Service (APS) provides a comprehensive range of pathology testing, consultation services and collection services to clinicians and patients of Alfred Health. The Service has 5 units (Anatomical Pathology, Clinical Biochemistry, Haematology, Microbiology and Human Molecular Pathology), each headed by a Unit Head. APS has the core laboratory at The Alfred and a small local laboratory at Sandringham Hospital.
We are looking for an experienced Pathology Collector to join our team. You will be required to work within a number of areas including Inpatients and Outpatients within Alfred Pathology Service. You will be able to contribute your skills to our dynamic team in an efficient, professional and timely manner. Your high attention to detail will be utilised to complete daily tasks and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Pathology Collection.
- Minimum 2 years of venepuncture experience using BD Eclipse needles.
- Able to participate in allocated shifts and/or duties and rotating roster covering weekends/public holidays as required.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively within a team.
- Computer skills are essential as our blood test orders are placed online and collection is certified using electronic devices.
- Preferably hold a valid Driver's License.
- Able to commute to all three Campuses (Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals).
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and well-being incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For more information refer to the position description.
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Sandeep Joshi (Collections Supervisor), at [email protected].
Applications close: 11.00pm Monday, 27th November
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.