- Job no: 66295
- Category: Technical and Support, Other Technical / Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Appointment - 12 Month Contract
- Full Time - 80 Hours + ADO
- Classification: Managers and Administrative Worker Grade 4 (HS4)
- Located at The Alfred
The Clinical Performance Unit is a team within Data and Analytical Services (DAS), Finance whose role is to provide integrated information reporting and analytical expertise across Alfred Health relating to:
- Key datasets including casemix, inpatient, emergency, waiting list, outpatient, allied health and others as required.
- Quality and business key performance indicators
- Population data and demand projections for service planning
- Benchmarking data
The Clinical Performance Unit is also responsible for key data submissions to external parties including Department of Health (DoH).
This role is responsible for ensuring smooth operational delivery of information used across Alfred Health.
Information analysts drive delivery of reporting products and dashboards using a variety of complex data sources to support the health service in areas such as operations, process improvement, quality and safety and patient experience.
As part of this responsibility, Information Analysts are actively involved in understanding the information they supply and providing the business with insight into its reliability and significance.
This is achieved through the role's client-focused approach that involves getting out amongst hospital staff and being a part of their discussions and strategic planning.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Tertiary qualifications and/or extensive experience in Health Information Management or an appropriate health, business or technology field.
- Good IT skills with experience working with SQL databases and reporting/dashboard tools
- Knowledge of Department of Health and Human Services mandatory data reporting requirements
- SQL experience
- Power BI experience
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Parking
- On-Site Gym
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
All enquired to Mya Pham [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Monday 9th October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 18 Sep 2023, 5:25 AM