- Job no: 66209
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Radiographer / Radiation Therapist
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Maternity position- 12 months fixed term
- Full Time - 80 Hours + ADO
- Grade 4 Radiographer
- Located at Sandringham Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits
RADIOLOGY and NUCLEAR MEDICINE DEPARTMENT
- Alfred Health has one of the most experienced and technologically advanced radiology/nuclear medicine departments in the country, providing service to the population of Melbourne and greater Victoria.
- Alfred Heath provides a comprehensive range of medical diagnostic and therapeutic services with a modern range of equipment across all modalities for both inpatients and outpatients.
- The departmental clinical governance strategy ensures a high standard of care for patients undergoing radiological examinations and promotes a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Alfred Health Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Department is fully accredited with the Department of Health
- Responsible for providing a continuous radiography service (24 hours, 365 days per annum).
- Support the Director of Radiology, in designing and achieving the key strategic and operational objectives of the department.
- Lead a radiography team to provide the best possible radiographic examinations ensuring patient comfort, welfare and safety in accordance with established radiographic practice, ethics and code of conduct.
Qualifications & Experiences
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Medical Radiations or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years post graduate experience
- Post Graduate Qualification in a relevant radiographer field
- Eligibility for ASMIRT Statement of Compliance
- National Registration with AHPRA to practice as a Medical Imaging Technologist
- Victorian Department of Health Use Licence
- Evidence of CPD in line with registration requirements.
- Good communication skills
- Team Worker
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more detail on the role please contact Noelene Bergen on (03) 9076 1530
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Wednesday 11th October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 19 Sep 2023, 9:51 PM