- Job no: 66196
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Unique opportunity for a Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (Post-COVID Service) in our Respiratory unit at Alfred Health.
Part-Time (40 hours/fortnight)
Physiotherapist Grade 3 Classification (VB7-VC1)
Alfred Health campuses
Flexible hours available upon negotiation
Great staff benefits
Alfred Health’s Physiotherapy Department provides acute physiotherapy services to the patients of The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital and subacute physiotherapy services to Caulfield Hospital.
The acute physiotherapy service is organised into five functional streams, namely: Intensive Care, Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, PAN (Progressive Illness, Aged Care and Neurosciences), and Sandringham. The first four streams are located at The Alfred site, with the latter being based at the Sandringham site. The physiotherapy service provides acute clinical services and expertise in the following areas: intensive care, cardiothoracic surgery, general surgery, orthopaedics, trauma, burns, lung transplantation, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary rehabilitation, neurology and neurosurgery, infectious diseases, haematology/oncology, general medicine, haemophilia and emergency.
The physiotherapy service at Caulfield Hospital provides an extensive range of inpatient and ambulatory services in the areas of rehabilitation, aged care and residential care services. The physiotherapy service provides subacute clinical services and expertise in the following areas: neurology, non-traumatic spinal cord injury, orthopaedics, amputees, burns, complex regional pain, cardiac rehabilitation, aged care, transitional care and aged psychiatry. The physiotherapy department is organised into functional streams: Neurological Rehabilitation, Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Health of Older Persons (HOP) and ABI.
The Alfred Health Physiotherapy Department has more than 100 EFT and employs over 170 staff. The physiotherapy service has a proud history of clinical and academic excellence. It remains strongly committed to further pursuing excellence in physiotherapy through clinical research. The Alfred Health Physiotherapy Department is a major partner in the Alfred Health Physiotherapy Clinical Schools for both La Trobe and Monash Universities and in this role provides core and elective clinical placements for more than 50 undergraduate physiotherapy students
The Position Summary
- The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (post-COVID Service) is responsible for the ongoing development and provision of physiotherapy services to patients with multiple complex symptoms post a COVID-19 infection, in close collaboration with a dedicated multidisciplinary team and clinic. The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (post-COVID service) works with the multidisciplinary team to screen and assess referred patients to this service and determine appropriate onward referrals.
- The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (post-COVID Service) is responsible for collaborating with and enhancing partnerships with GPs and primary care providers. The role may also assist in the delivery of the Physiotherapy service to other respiratory programs, in consultation with the Physiotherapy Respiratory Stream Leader and the Physiotherapy Managers.
- The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (post-COVID Service) is responsible for leading and supporting the multidisciplinary team and has an important role in evaluating and developing the physiotherapy service to the assigned area/s.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You have a proven track record in leading, supporting, and developing a team
- You have expert knowledge in the provision of physiotherapy service to chronic respiratory conditions
- Ability to thoroughly and effectively assess and manage post-COVID outpatients, and other respiratory patient cohorts across the continuum of care
Skills and Qualifications Required
Registered to practice in the state of Victoria
Post-graduate qualification in a relevant field, (or be working towards) would be highly regarded
Demonstrated advanced knowledge and skills in the provision of physiotherapy services in the relevant areas of physiotherapy
Demonstrated ability to plan and manage a caseload, including the coordination of other staff
Demonstrated ability to supervise students and junior staff
Salary packaging and novated leasing
Discounted health insurance
Staff car parking (subject to availability)
Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
Close to shops and public transport
For all enquiries, please contact: Liz Batchelor, Physiotherapy Manager, 0428648110
Applications close Tuesday 26th September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.