- Job no: 66180
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
An exciting position is available for a highly motivated Exercise Physiologist who is passionate and experienced working in mental health.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in St Kilda Rd Clinic
- Exercise Physiologist Grade 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
What you’ll be doing
Working as a sole Exercise Physiologist within an innovative and growing physical health team, you will provide individual and group Exercise Physiology services, to mental health consumers, as well as, support the broader adult mental health community teams to address physical health needs of consumers.
- Registration with Exercise & Sport Science Australian (ESSA) as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Demonstrated clinical experience as an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, with consumers with mental illness
- Australian working rights
- Full Covid-19 and 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, car parking (subject to availability), onsite gym, childcare services, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Alice Ryan on ph: 9076 9888
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Sunday, 1st October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.