- Job no: 66169
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based in St Kilda Rd
- RPN Grade 4, or Social Worker or Occupational Therapist Grade 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
The Brief Intervention Team (BIT) is a multidisciplinary team that endeavours to provide time limited episodes of care for consumers experiencing both low and high prevalence mental health disorders. The BIT team will support consumers and their families around clearly identified goals, through a combination of evidence based multidisciplinary interventions, care coordination, referral to primary care services, shared care with primary/private health services and engagement with lived experience members of staff. The BIT team will also collaboratively work with consumers and key stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition back to longer term supports.
What you’ll be doing
As the BIT Team Leader, you will be responsible for the day to day leadership of the Brief Intervention Team. You will provide clinical advice and supervision; promote and participate in clinical education and staff development; and lead and actively participate in clinical review processes, quality improvement initiatives and service development activities.You'll also work with a small case load of BIT consumers.
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership with relevant registering body: the Occupational Therapy Board or Nurses and Midwifery Board via AHPRA, or eligibility with AASW
- Significant full-time (5+ years) senior clinical experience in delivering mental health-based interventions including case management.
Post graduate qualifications in mental health, and clinical experience in delivering care utilising a brief intervention approach are strongly preferred.
- Australian working rights
- Full Covid-19 and 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, car parking (subject to availability), onsite gym, childcare services, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Matt Gittins on ph: 9076 9888
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Thursday 23rd November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.