- Job no: 66142
- Category: Nurse, Education
- Fixed Term - 12-months, Part-Time - 32 hours per fortnight
- RN Grade 4B Teacher
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term - Maternity leave cover ending September 2024
- Part-Time role - 32 hours per fortnight
- RN Grade 4B Teacher
- Alfred Hospital location
- Great staff benefits!
The Nursing Education Department is committed to providing excellence in education for all nurses, where the overall goal is to act as a support and resource to Nursing Services through the provision of educational activities. The Department is constantly exploring new approaches to education and relationships that will enhance Nursing Services continuous service improvement and development and to meet organisational priorities. The Alfred Cancer Program is responsible for the overall delivery of a comprehensive cancer service which involves a number of clinical areas and units including; Medical Oncology, Clinical Haematology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Apheresis, State-wide Haemophilia Service, Radiation Oncology, Clinical Trials, Palliative Care and the Victorian Melanoma Service. The Alfred Health Clinical Haematology service offers a multidisciplinary setting for the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of the entire range of haematological diseases. A comprehensive therapeutic and donor apheresis service is provided for both inpatients and day patients. Procedures performed include plasmapheresis, therapeutic leukapheresis, peripheral blood stem cell and collection for CAR-T cell therapy.
The Cellular Therapies Nurse Educator is a pivotal member of the nursing leadership team within Alfred Cancer who assists the Nurse Managers to operationalise the core values of Alfred Health. An essential component of this role is to support excellence in clinical practice and promote the development of nurses, ensuring standards of care are consistently reflected in professional practice and patient care. The Cellular Therapies Nurse Educator will be an essential driver in the establishment of a CAR T- cell therapy nursing service and education program across both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Registered Nurse with The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Holding or working towards a Master of Nursing or Education
- Previous experience in an education or education support role
- Demonstrated extensive relevant clinical knowledge / experience in haematology/oncology/apheresis and in a clinical leadership role
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of nursing scope of practice and supervision/delegation
- Demonstrated high level reflective and critical analysis skills
- Open, flexible and innovative
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working in an interprofessional capacity related to education
- Demonstrated commitment to research process, quality and safety and application to practice
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting an environment of continuous learning and continuous quality improvement
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For further enquiries regarding this role please contact: Ellen Heywood (Ambulatory Cancer Services Manger) at [email protected]
Applications close at 11 pm Friday, 22nd September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.