- Job no: 66134
- Category: Research, Other Research
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Appointment - 12 Month Appointment
- Full Time - 80 Hours + ADO
- Classification: Managers and Administrative Worker Grade 3 (HS3)
- Located at The Alfred
With a mission to improve care of the injured, the National Trauma Research Institute (NTRI) was established in 2003 by partnership institutions Alfred Health and Monash University. The NTRI is located with the Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP) at The Alfred campus in Melbourne, Australia. The NTRI supports the clinical care provided by The Alfred, Trauma Services.
The NTRI works with organisations nationally and internationally to prevent and reduce the impact of severe injury by integrating research, education, biotechnologies and trauma system development to improve clinical care and outcomes.
For further information about the NTRI, visit www.ntri.org.au.
The Australia New Zealand Trauma Registry (ATR) provides an important data source on the severely injured people at major trauma centres. The 90 data-points is collected and analysed on the trauma management and its injury outcomes from 34 trauma centres across Australia and New Zealand. It is an important benchmarking tool as well as informing future trauma quality improvement.
ATR is a part of the federal investment to establish a National Clinical Quality Registry Program 2023-2027. As a part of this four-year program, the ATR is focusing on data linkage and an interactive data reporting platform for contributing sites.
The Project Officer will coordinate and provide administrative support for various ATR projects and other deliverables. The successful candidate will report to the Research Manager and has a secondary reporting relationship with the ATR Data Manager and the Monash University Academic Lead of the ATR. The role is ideal for a resourceful and solutions focused person interested in population level health outcomes and health policies.
Qualification & Experience Required
Qualifications and experience required
- Prior experience and/or a good understanding of project management principles including planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- An organised and motivated individual who can work to deadlines with high levels of accuracy.
- An ability to work effectively, collaboratively, supportively and appropriately with key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.
Qualifications, experience and attributes desired
- Previous experience in working in a large healthcare, clinical or university environment or government/public health.
- Salary Packaing
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Parking
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
All enquires to Jeff Gerobin on [email protected]
Application Close: 11pm AEST, Tuesday 3rd October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 05 Sep 2023, 12:02 AM