- Job no: 66109
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full-time with Flexible ADO
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
INFANT, CHILD & YOUTH AREA MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING SERVICE (ICYAMHWS)
Alfred ICYAMHWS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based mental health service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 26 years.
The Mental Health & Intellectual Disability Initiative for Youth (MHIDI-Y), is an exciting program for interested nurses in the Neurodevelopment Stream. The MHIDI-Y team work with adolescents and young adults aged 12 - 26 diagnosed with an intellectual disability who are experiencing mental health challenges.
What you’ll be doing
As our mental health nurse, you will provide clinical assessment & intervention including health screening and monitoring, case-management, outreach and therapy to children, and young people who are experiencing a range of neurodevelopmental difficulties within a culture that emphasises family involvement.
What you’ve got
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent and registration as a nurse with the Nurses & Midwifery Board via AHPRA
- Completion of the Developmental Psychiatry Course (desirable)
- Skills and experience as evidenced by 2 or more years post qualifying experience within Mental Health Services
- Australian working rights
- Full Covid-19 & 2023 Influenza vaccination
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Have/be willing to apply for a valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
What’s in it for you
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Eloise Hughes on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 26th November 2023 by 11pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.